Brand: Naturevibe Botanicals
- Oregano is a culinary and medicinal herb from the mint, or Lamiaceae family. It has been used in medicine and cooking for thousands of years.Oregano is considered a staple herb in many cuisines around the world. It has a strong flavor and brings warmth to dishes, along with a hint of subtle sweetness.
- Oregano packs in some important nutrients. Just one teaspoon of dried oregano can fulfill about 8% of your daily vitamin K needs.
- 100% Oregano Leaves. Oregano is rich in antioxidants, which are compounds that help from free radicals in the body.
- Oregano and oregano oil are high in antioxidants. In combination with other high-antioxidant foods like fruits and vegetables, oregano could provide a hearty dose of antioxidants that may help improve your health.
- Luckily, oregano is versatile, easy to add to your diet and can be incorporated into a wide variety of recipes in either fresh, dried or oil form.
Package Dimensions: 56x135x91
Details: ►The name of the herb comes from the Greek words “oros,” meaning mountain, and “ganos,” meaning joy. It typically grows around 50 cm tall and has purple leaves around 2 to 3 centimeters in length.
►Add it toward the end of the cooking process for maximum flavor. The smaller you chop or grind it, the more flavor will be released. Start with a small amount, as too much can make the food bitter.
►One teaspoon of dried oregano is equivalent to one tablespoon of fresh oregano. One teaspoon of dried oregano contains – energy: 5 calories, fiber: 0.8 grams (g). You can grow it in a pot on a windowsill or balcony or in the garden. It is a perennial, which means it can grow all year.
►Though you may think of oregano as a topping reserved solely for pizzas and pasta dishes, this versatile herb can be used in many ways. Try mixing whole oregano leaves into other greens for a nutrient-packed salad or sprinkling the leaves into chili, soups or stews.
►You can also use it to make fresh pesto or salad dressing, season meat dishes or kick up the flavor of homemade sauces. Oregano is available fresh, dried or as an oil, making it super easy to add to your diet.Product Description