Brand: Naturevibe Botanicals
- Barley is rich in vitamins, minerals and other beneficial plant compounds. It’s available in many forms, ranging from hulled barley to barley grits, flakes and flour. Almost all forms of barley utilize the whole grain — except for pearl barley, which has been polished to remove some or the entire outer bran layer along with the hull.
- This versatile grain has a somewhat chewy consistency and a slightly nutty flavor that can complement many dishes.It’s also rich in many nutrients and packs some impressive health benefits, ranging from improved digestion and weight loss.
- Many of barley’s health benefits come from it being an excellent source of dietary fiber. Fiber is essential for keeping the digestive system healthy.
- Barley is a soluble fiber, meaning it can dissolve in water and provides the body with useful energy. Fiber can also be insoluble, meaning it passes through the digestive tract without breaking down and does not provide the body with energy.
- You will be pleased to know that you can consume it in many kinds of preparations like salads, soups, and stews. Therefore, it does not only add value to your health but also to your palate. Additionally, barley packs lignans, a group of antioxidants. However, like all whole grains, barley does have antinutrients, which impair your body’s digestion and nutrient absorption.
Package Dimensions: 56x208x476
►Barley may reduce hunger and promote feelings of fullness – both of which may lead to weight loss over time.
►Barley lessens hunger largely through its high fiber content. A soluble fiber known as beta-glucan is particularly helpful.
►That’s because soluble fibers, such as beta-glucan, tend to form a gel-like substance in your gut, which slows the digestion and absorption of nutrients. In turn, this curbs your appetite and promotes fullness.
►Barley Flour is often used, alternatively, as wheat flour or cake flour. The flour obtained from grinding whole barley is richer in nutrition than the pearl variety flour since the bran in the former remains undamaged.
►It contains some gluten and has been very popular in confectioneries that tend to experiment with alternate kinds of flours. It has a mild, nutty flavor, and has comparatively lower rates of calories and higher levels of fiber.