Brand: Naturevibe Botanicals
- Popularly known as “Elaichi” in Hindi, “Aelakka” in Malayalam, “Elakkai” in Tamil, “Yelakulu” in Telugu, “Yalakki” in Kannada, “Ilaychi” in Gujarati, “Hr̥daya rōga” in Nepali and “Huba alhal” in Arabic – cardamom is a spice made from the seeds of several plants belonging to the family Zingiberaceae.
- The spice is native to India, Bhutan, Nepal, and Indonesia. Cardamom pods are small (that’s how they are recognized), triangular in cross-section, and shaped as spindles. Called the Queen of Spices, cardamom is the world’s third most expensive spice – surpassed only by saffron and vanilla. And not just that – this spice comes in different types as well.
- Green cardamom, also known as true cardamom, is the commonest variety. This is distributed from India to Malaysia. It is used to flavor both sweet and savory dishes, It is also added to rich curries and milk-based preparations for its fragrance, Tea and coffee are also spiced with cardamom.
- Black cardamom is native to the Eastern Himalayas and is mostly cultivated in Sikkim, Eastern Nepal, and parts of West Bengal in India. It is brown and slightly elongated. It is used only in savory dishes like curries and biryani, It is also an essential ingredient in garam masala (the blend of spices).
- Elaichi or cardamom is one of the most common spices seen in an Indian household. Not only is it added to sweet and savoury dishes it is also used as a natural mouth freshener.
Package Dimensions: 36x206x109
►The use of cardamom dates back to at least 4,000 years. Considered one of the world’s oldest spices, it was used in ancient Egypt for its medicinal properties – and even as a part of rituals and embalming. And the Romans and Greeks used this spice for its pungent aroma. The Vikings discovered it during their travels and brought it back to Scandinavia.
►You can include cardamom in your diet as you usually do or even take cardamom milk (also called elaichi milk) to avail the wondrous benefits.
►One of the benefits of cardamom is that it can give you fair skin. Cardamom essential oil helps in removing blemishes, thus giving you a fairer complexion. You can either buy skin care products containing cardamom or its essential oil. Or you can simply mix cardamom powder with honey and apply it as a face mask.
►Cardamom contains vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant.