Brand: Naturevibe Botanicals
- Potato flakes are dehydrated mashed potatoes made by drum drying a thin layer of cooked and mashed potatoes, and breaking the sheet of dehydrated solids into a suitable size for packaging.
- Next to retail consumption in a pure state or prepared with milk solids and other constituents, flakes are taken as a food ingredient for potato snacks.
- E.g., potato chips made from dough with uniform size and curvature, and for dehydrated French fries.
- Potato Flakes is white or yellow in colour, optimal dough building and expansion, typical taste and flavour in application and excellent textures in snack application such as crispy, crunchy, soft and hard.
- Potato flakes are mainly used in Snacks, soups and sauces, bakery products, potato products.
Package Dimensions: 132x263x481
►Potato flakes are flat chunks of dehydrated mashed potato. How are they made? Potatoes are cooked and mashed, then crushed by rollers on the surface of a drum.
►The mashed potato is fast-dried until its humidity reaches the desired level, then the layer of dried, mashed potato is scraped from the drum.
►Flakes are the main ingredient in pre-mashed potato sold in food stores, and are also an important ingredient in other food products.
►The flakes are very easy to rehydrate: the potato starch retains its considerable absorbency, because the flakes are produced by dehydrating them in one quick phase.
►Out of all the forms of dried potatoes, flakes are the only one that can easily be reconstituted using cold water, which is why they are used to make so many food products.