Brand: Naturevibe Botanicals
- Asafoetida is the dried latex (gum oleoresin) exuded from the living underground rhizome or tap root of several species of Ferula (three of which grow in India), which is a perennial herb (1 to 1.5 mtr. High).Asafoetida has a pungent smell, thus its trivial name stinking gum, but in cooked dishes it delivers a smooth flavour reminiscent of leeks. It is also known as food of the gods, devil’s dung, jowanibadian, hing, hengu, inguva, kayam, and ting
- Asafetida odour and flavour become much milder and much less pungent upon heating in oil or ghee. Sometimes, it is fried along with sautéed onion and garlic. It is sometimes used to harmonize sweet, sour, salty, and spicy components in food. The spice is added to the food at the time of tempering. Sometimes dried and ground asafoetida (in very small quantities) can be mixed with salt and eaten with raw salad
- Many commercial preparations of asafoetida use the resin ground up and mixed with a larger volume of other neutral ingredients, such as gum arabic, wheat flour, rice flour and turmeric. The mixture is sold in sealed plastic containers with a hole that allows direct dusting of the powder.
- Asafoetida is extensively used for flavouring curries, sauces, and pickles.
- It has a prominent place in traditional medicine; thanks to its carminative properties. Considering its therapeutic and curative powers, asafoetida is also referred to as the Food of the Gods and a few more, such names are an attribute to its never-ending health and beauty benefits it offers upon consumption.
Package Dimensions: 84x277x930
►Asafoetida or hing makes for an indispensable part of the Indian cuisine, especially in curries and dals. It is a latex gum extracted from various species of a perennial herb known as ferula. Its distinct flavour and aroma can transform any boring dish.
► English : Devil’s dung Persian : Angustha-Gandha French : Ferule Asafoetida German : Stinkendessteckenkraut Arabic : Tyib, Haltheeth Sinhalese : PerumkayamHindi : Hing Bengali : Hing Gujarati : Hing Kannada : Hinger,Ingu Kashmiri : Yang, Sap Malayalam : Kayam Marathi : Hing Oriya : Hengu Punjabi : Hing Sanskrit : Badhika, Agudagandhu Tamil : Perungayam Telugu : Inguva, Ingumo Urdu : Hing
►This herbal spice makes an amazing anti-ageing agent. It offers the goodness of reducing wrinkles, fine lines and age spots from the face. Asafoetida can be mixed with rose water and fuller’s earth to form an effective anti-wrinkle face mask.
►Thus, you can flaunt a blemish-free and radiant, younger skin with the use of Asafoetida face masks largely.
►Asafoetida might be just the magic ingredient that you were missing in your skin care regimen till now.
►Asafoetida improves the texture of the hair. It also guards the hair against unnatural and heavy hair fall. It is therefore used as a solution to baldness in males and thin hair in females. You must look forward to the amazing hair follicle strengthening and dandruff controlling benefits of Asafoetida, since it controls hair fall and makes hair thicker.