Brand: Naturevibe Botanicals
- Also known as black cumin, nigella or by its scientific name Nigella sativa, kalonji belongs to the buttercup family of flowering plants. It grows up to 12 inches (30 cm) tall and produces a fruit with seeds that are used as a flavorful spice in many cuisines. In addition to its culinary use, kalonji is known for its medicinal properties.
- People should note that this spice should not be confused with another plant also named black cumin with the Latin name of Bunium bulbocastanum.
- The flowers of Nigella sativa are delicate and usually colored pale blue and white, with five to ten petals.
- Nigella sativa has a strong bitter taste and smell and is widely used primarily in confectionery and liquors.
- The high antioxidant content of kalonji may help to health protection.
Package Dimensions: 50x285x479
►Organic Naturevibe Black Cumin Seed comes from the plant Nigella Sativa of the Ranunculaceae family and has been traditionally used by cultures across the world as a food and for general health and well-being. Touted to be one of the healthiest foods and popular for its strong flavor, doctors recommend that black cumin seeds must be incorporated in healthy diets and nutrition plans.
►Nigella sativa is a flowering plant, native to south and southwest Asia. The plant has various names including, fennel flower, nutmeg flower, black caraway, Roman coriander, and black cumin.
►Nigella sativa has a strong bitter taste and smell and is widely used primarily in confectionery and liquors.
►Black Cumin seeds with so much versatile beneficial properties can be used in numerous ways. Its flavor can be described as a combination of onions, black pepper and oregano. Black seeds works great when included in dressing or sprinkled over salad in whole.
►They can help making a Tasty tea mostly enjoyed in Egypt by boiling in water and steeped for 10 minutes. It can be added to honey, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt for a taste treat.