Brand: Naturevibe Botanicals
- Holy basil is an aromatic shrub in the basil family Lamiaceae (tribe ocimeae) that is thought to have originated in north central India and now grows native throughout the eastern world tropics.
- Within Ayurveda, tulsi is known as “The Incomparable One,” “Mother Medicine of Nature” and “The Queen of Herbs”.
- Holy basil is a calming herb that produces relaxation effects. However, on its own tulsi does not induce drowsiness or sleep.
- Many studies support the use of the entire plant of holy basil for human use and its therapeutic value. The nutritional value is also high, as it contains:vitamin A and C, calcium, zinc, iron, chlorophyll.
- All parts of the holy basil plant act as an adaptogen. An adaptogen is natural substance that helps your body and promotes mental balance. The concept of an adaptogen is a holistic approach.
Package Dimensions: 56x109x113
Details: ►Tulsi or holy basil [Ocimum sanctum or Ocimum sanctum Linn) is an important herb in Ayurvedic medicine (the traditional medicine of India). It is especially known as an adaptogen, and also known as the “Queen of Herbs” and in Sanskrit means ‘the incomparable one.’ In fact, Hinduism links the tulsi plant to the figure of a goddess. ►Tulsi is from the Lamiaceae (mint) family of herbs and alternatively may be called Ocimum tenuiflorum Linn, Tulasi, or Holy Basil (a direct translation from the Latin, Ocimum sanctum) Different parts of the herb have been used medicinally, including the leaves, stem, flower, root, seeds, and even the whole plant. It may be taken as an herbal tea, dried powder, or fresh leaf used in cooking traditional dishes. ►It can help people feel more social and less anxious. ►Holy basil is also high in anti-oxidants and helps your body detox. ►There are many ways to incorporate holy basil into your daily life. You can cook with it, take it in supplement form, or make a tea with it. Holy basil is also available as an essential oil.