Brand: Naturevibe Botanicals
- Sunflower seeds are technically the fruits of the sunflower plant (Helianthus annuus).The seeds are harvested from the plant’s large flower heads, which can measure more than 12 inches (30.5 cm) in diameter. A single sunflower head may contain up to 2,000 seeds.
- There are two main types of sunflower crops. One type is grown for the seeds you eat, while the other — which is the majority farmed — is grown for the oil. The sunflower seeds you eat are encased in inedible black-and-white striped shells, also called hulls. Those used for extracting sunflower oil have solid black shells.
- Sunflower seeds have a mild, nutty flavor and a firm but tender texture. They’re often roasted to enhance the flavor, though you can also buy them raw.
- Sunflower seeds are especially high in vitamin E and selenium. These function as antioxidants to protect your body’s cells against free radical damage.
- Sunflower seeds are a good source of beneficial plant compounds, including phenolic acids and flavonoids — which also function as antioxidants. When sunflower seeds are sprouted, their plant compounds increase. Sprouting also reduces factors that can interfere with mineral absorption. You can buy sprouted.
Package Dimensions: 62x272x907
Details: ►The sunflower plant is fascinating in many ways. The sun (a phenomenon called heliotropism). Its flower is an aesthetic asset. Moreover, sunflower seeds are milled to produce edible oils. Sunflower seeds are a great source of vitamin E. They have almost zero cholesterol! Binging on them can be great for your overall health.
►Sunflower seeds may help lower blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar as they contain vitamin E, magnesium, protein, linoleic fatty acids and several plant compounds.
►Sunflower seeds are quite versatile. You can eat them raw and whole. The kernels can be eaten raw after hulling the outer shells. You can also roast and have them salted or plain. Hulled, raw, or roasted sunflower seeds are commonly used in baking too.
►Sunflower seeds are reservoirs of essential fats, protein, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, iron, folate, and vitamins A, E, and B. That is why they are used in cooking.
►Sunflower seeds offer a range of health benefits. They may aid healthy weight loss and maintain hormonal balance in women and men.